Saturday, April 2, 2011

What Does the Bible Say?

As I was looking up a verse online the other day, I stumbled across my long forgotten, yet favorite verse search engine. It contains relevant information on many pertinent subjects to life. You simply type in what you want to know about, and out comes a relevant Bible verse. Here is what the Bible says on a few.

Twinkies
Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.


Pie
2 Corinthians 11:14
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.


Boogers
1 Corinthians 6:12
All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be enslaved by anything.


Eggs
Proverbs 14:12
There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.


Football
Philippians 4:19
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.



As you can see, apparently there are a plethora of subjects talked about in the Bible that I never knew about. Some of these verses are very helpful too. I find comfort in the fact that I'll never be enslaved by an army of rogue boogers, that my being a health nut is not in vain, and that I actually need football. There are some very helpful warnings as well. Maybe I should quit eating scrambled eggs for breakfast and start eating Twinkies. Who knows? Here is the link (What Does the Bible Say?) if you would like to see what the Bible says about any issue that you have not had the nerve to ask your pastor about yet. I suggest searching hot dogs, Brittney Spears, and Tweety Bird for starters.

No comments:

Post a Comment