Friday, April 11, 2014

A Brief Hiatus

I spent a little bit of time away from the blogosphere as of late. And even though I've found that one of peoples' least favorite things to do is to listen to other peoples' lists of what they've been up to (and yet, despite the lack of an audience, we still love to give our lists whenever we can), I'm going to succumb to the temptation and throw out some of my best excuses for not writing.

  • A solid year of barely scraping by and trying my absolute best to get paired with the science-y people in chemistry and physics class - God must've liked my prayers, because I somehow magically ended up with the two smartest students in both of these classes for lab partners. Simultaneously, God must've not liked theirs, because they all got paired with an idiot with who spent his lab hours keeping a dictionary of the foreign professor's quotable phrases. "Tak owt yur booonsin bowrnurs, evweebidy."
  • Conducting an obnoxiously long study on the effects of static stretching on muscle growth during a resistance training program (sounds exciting, huh?)
  • Graduating from college
  • Getting married to Yellow Head (woot woot!)
  • Spending an entire summer working 70 hours/week on an internship, factory job, and fixing up our first house
  • Grad school - can you say super sweet nutrition/weight loss courses ahead? 
  • Personal training late into the night
  • Working the most amazing, awesome, stinkin' coolio, favoritest job ever as an exercise physiologist for a cardiopulmonary rehab department (yep, sometimes internships do pay off. Though if you had asked me about that this past summer you would have probably just gotten a cold stare in return)
  • Starting up a website - much more work than I thought
Ahhhh. It felt good to get all of that out there. Maybe that's why people like listing off all of what they've been up to lately. It's therapeutic. 

Anyways, I'm going to try to do a little better about keeping this up now that things have gotten semi-under control. Time to go though. My post-MI patients await!

No comments:

Post a Comment