Monday, April 4, 2016

Picture Updates of the Past 2 Months

Work has been incredibly busy the past 2 months. Really just life in general. Weddings. Crazy decisions. Weight loss presentations. Freelance writing. The realization that small amounts of time spent at work in the evenings quickly add to my monthly income. You know, stuff like that. 

However, I've also been able to do a lot of other cool stuff in the meantime. For starters, I finally picked up a few field guides on mushrooms (something I've ALWAYS wanted to do). I don't know why I put it off so long. I have a blast doing it. Below is what I believe to be a jelly leaf. It's edible and smells like smoked meat.


I finally got the chance to hike up a mountain I've been wanting to cross off my list. Coldest hike I've ever done. Couldn't feel my fingers the majority of the way. Snow all the way to the summit. Incredibly strong winds that could knock you over. I managed to get this picture of the peak right after dropping my trekking pole off the cliff. 


I made a workbench for outside.


I found this incredible abandoned mill while out geocaching. 



 There's baby chicks at Tractor Supply. Yellowhed said I could get one, but we didn't have space. I wanted to train it how to talk and sit on my shoulder. Sigh....someday.


Found this pretty cool waterfall in the middle of NOWHERE. I kept on hoping that my car didn't break down, because there was no way that I was getting towed out of there. 


Incredible views of a nearby farming community. 



A local 9-11 memorial left me in awe. I still remember. Many have forgotten.


Made a trip to the nation's capital, where there's apparently an underground market for fish.


The Washington Monument was breathtaking.


The Smithsonian Castle. Now THAT'S a carpenter.


While sitting atop Washington Monument's hill, I couldn't help but snap this picture. I honestly wonder about my nation's future sometime. This world is crazy, and people seem to have forgotten where we came from, as well as how valuable freedom truly is.


On a lighter note, the local jelly store had quite the assortment.


"Pass the lolli-pop jelly, please!"
*throws jelly on ground*

The local candy store is always good for a laugh.

"You know what's a good idea? Gummy chicken feet. People will love them!"



"Knock Knock. Who's there? America. SEAL ya later."

They had crickets and grubs inside suckers too. 

"Thank you for clarifying. I almost bought the small gumballs by mistake."
 I got the chance to check out this overlook of the city. Absolutely stunning.



These little flowers (grape hyacinths?) just made me happy.


Atop another incredible local mountain.


Another mountain with one of the best campsites/places to hammock in the middle of nowhere that I've found yet. I literally sat atop the crest of the mountain with views on either side of me, without a soul around. A local hidden gem.


A hidden swimming hole that is also in the middle of nowhere. I'm looking forward to visiting again when the water won't kill me.


Local farmland.

 I've been spending a fair amount of time in the library as well lately, and when I ran across these two books, I couldn't help but laugh. One of those things that you're glad somebody studies, but you kind of take for granted.

Annnd, I came across the world's most disgusting drink while perusing my local grocery store. No thank you. I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment