Saturday, February 3, 2018

Random Happenings

Stuff's been happening.

Man, where do I even begin? I guess where I left off.

My work hours have increased quite a bit. I had to shut down the pediatric weight loss clinic due to lack of interest. We bought a house. I've been giving weight loss/nutrition presentations all over. Writing has filled most of my free time, just not on here.

Long ago, my people used to live in these mountains. Eventually, the government took their land and kicked them out. Yellohed and I spent an incredible weekend just exploring the beauty of this area. I can't help but wonder if they ever got over being forced from such an incredible place, or if the pain just festered in their chest and the sense of longing grew greater.



I got to spend some time with my family at the beach. The best part is the long walks and deep conversations alone with random members of the family that I would never get the opportunity to do so with otherwise.

I'm always amazed at the abandoned structures that you can find while meandering about the woods. I always stop to check them out. I'm not really sure why. I think it's half hoping to find some long lost treasure, and half hoping that I'll solve a murder case out there.

Nope nope nope. Not goin' in there. 
I got a bunch of chickens! The little puffballs peeped the entire ride back in my car, and spent most of their early life in this little setup until they were big enough to hop out and poop all over my tools. Now they just poop all over my lawn.



We got another puppy too. We finally had the space and the time to justify being able to do so. Meet Atticus. He now knows how to herd chickens, chases cats off our land, and has the strange ability to find geocaches before me.




I've been getting further and further into woodworking. A friend who's been showing me a lot got me this book some time ago, and it is hands down the best book on woodworking that I have ever read. You've gotta check this one out.


I spent a little time on an island. It was incredible. We stayed right at the tip where the currents would take a man out to sea to forever disappear, but routinely gave back Go-Pros, sunglasses, goggles, and other random items throughout our time there.


I've spent a little time wandering around the health food stores. I'm routinely blown away by what I find in there.

The brain eating zombie fungus? Uh, nope. I know about The Last of Us.  

A great way to lose weight, I hear. 

Atticus has become a squeaker surgeon. This is essentially all of his toys by the end of Day 1.


We've been buying blueberries with a self-esteem issue.


And I traveled to an area that was nothing but sand. Yellohed spent most of the time indoors, but I roamed the sands, checked out the wildlife, and went sledding down ginormous dunes with an old plastic piece of junk I found.


No comments:

Post a Comment