Saturday, March 12, 2011

51 Hours

I thought that this was kind of interesting and figured you all would too. I became hooked on reddit.com after using it to follow the protests in Egypt. It's basically a website that's supposed to be designed for people to update the news as it's happening and post whatever else they feel like (within limits, of course). Anyway, as I was on the website Monday I saw a post titled "51 Hours Left to Live". It was posted this past Sunday by a 39 year old man battling lymphoma. He was euthanized Tuesday. It was pretty interesting, to watch as this guy gradually counted down the hours of his life and to see what was going through his mind.

I don't know what exactly I learned from this, but I do feel that it did have something of an impact on me. To know that this guy was going to actively terminate his life and to watch as people encouraged it...it seemed kind of twisted. Here's the link if you're interested - 51 Hours Left to Live

No comments:

Post a Comment