Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Thought I'd Need a Metal Detector to Find the Silver Lining

Tonight didn't go as well as I would have liked it to. Last week I came out of juvee super pumped and super excited about what God was doing in there. I felt like these guys were almost to the point of accepting Christ, and apparently Satan did too. A lot of things have gone on the past week that feel like some pretty intense spiritual warfare. Things have happened to get me into a bad mood so I won't be as affective with the guys, or to keep me so busy that I wouldn't be able to prepare anything for them. In part I wonder if I lost. This past week I've: failed a lab quiz, forgotten about statistics homework that was due at midnight and gotten a 76, gotten my car towed ($90), hurt my knee, and been super busy resulting in little sleep and not a lot of preparation for a message for the guys. Due to three tests this week I really didn't have time to prepare for anything. Only six of the guys showed up tonight too.

However, despite all the discouragment and crud that's gone on the past week there are still some things that I find a glimmer of hope in. I felt like these guys were so close, that something was finally happening, and I still feel that way. I think that this past week goes to show that Satan does too. He's been around long enough to know when he's about to lose, and I think he knows that this is one of those times. He fought really hard this week, and as I said earlier I wonder if I let him have too much. Maybe not as much in the attitude area, but more in the time area. I've been kept so busy this past week that I didn't prepare much of anything to say to the guys. However, I think that God helped to fight back at this tonight, as tonight was basketball night and we played until there was only ten minutes left, about all I had prepared. It was also encouraging to see M, one of the hardest guys to get engaged in conversation, actually smiling and talking. It's amazing how He can use sports to cause a person to open up. It gives me more of a respect for sports missions agencies and the like. It was also encouraging to see that after much prayer and last week's post mention of a desire to get these guys more Christian literature that I was blessed with the money to get these guys some books. They should be in soon, and the guys were really excited when they found out.

Anyway, that's all I've got for tonight. A lot of crud went on, but I guess there was a lot of silver lining as well.

PS: blessed that I realized when I woke up that my car had been towed instead of right before I left.
Also surprised to find that they've been there the past few weeks -Trial Tonight. Be in prayer for these guys. Glad they've been coming at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment