Saturday, May 24, 2014

Thank You for Saturdays

Wow.

After spending the past week working 10-12 hour days, I am more than grateful for the weekend.

My schedule literally changes by the hour at the moment, with telemeetings, client cancellations, and people calling in sick and needing me to cover all happening pretty regularly. Such is the life of a traveling exercise physiologist, I suppose.

On a tangent, summer classes just started up last week! I'm pumped! I'm taking Principles of Nutrition, which so far, seems to be just a more intensive version of my undergrad nutrition classes. We're currently really going in depth into the science behind carbohydrates, and I've got to say, the human body is fascinating.

The way that our body is wired with all these receptors and messengers throughout our entire self all working together and staying in sync is mind blowing.

In other news, I filled in for a sick exercise physiologist the other day at cardiac rehab. I was surrounded by stacks of post-it notes, and office supplies, and left a city of little stick figure post-it note men swimming in coffee mugs/climbing mini-blinds/being eaten by stapler monsters around their work space. When I went back in the other day, they had taken all of them down.

They missed one, however.


No comments:

Post a Comment