Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Parents Are Weird

Parents are weird.

At least new parents are.

I guess I'm at the age where a lot of my friends begin to have kids of their own, and I get the opportunity to observe how that little diaper head changes their lives forever.

Just this past Christmas break, I walk past one of my friends at a party who's changing his kid's nasty diaper down in the basement.

I didn't realize he was down there, and so I wasn't sure if diaper changing was a public endeavor or not. I was just about to leave when he said,

"Parenthood is great, man. I can't even begin to describe it to ya."

Yeah, you can start once you finish wiping feces off of that little guy's butt.

The same deal just happened the other day at a dinner we had with some friends from church.

They're telling me all about how they wake up at least 5x/night, how their baby cries all the time, and how high maintenance kids are, all while their smallest continued to throw applesauce all over the floor.

Yet despite all of this, they still were able to say that parenthood was easily one of the best experiences of their lives so far.

I don't know, maybe I'll understand it someday, but for now, new parents are weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment