Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Geocaching Adventures

As I mentioned earlier, now that the underbrush and ticks have died off, I've been able to do a heinie-load of geocaching lately. 

Here's a few of the places it's taken me the past few weeks.

I found this little orange bat stuck to a tree in broad daylight. Initially, I thought he was the cache because he was right at ground zero, and I couldn't see his head. So, I poked him with a stick just to make sure. He didn't appreciate it very much. He flew a few feet away and chirped at me for the next 20 minutes. 


I'm not a huge fan of tupperware caches, as they tend to be trashed. 


This one more than made up for it though. It was hidden in the local library, and you could only find it by finding a tiny little magnetic pill container that told you the call number of the book that you were looking for. 


Fake rocks are always cool. 


I ended up pretty deep into bear country attempting to find this one, and didn't come to that realization until I was already deep into the woods. "Hey. This is a bad idea!" Next time I'm making sure that I have more than just a little pocket knife and a dead stick to defend myself. 


This one was absolutely fantastic. It took me to a magnificent view of a field on top of a mountain on a trail I didn't even know existed.




The girls really enjoyed finding this one hidden behind a reflector. They had to use a pair of pliers to get it out, it was so deep into the post. 


The girls really enjoyed having the local donkey follow them around the cemetery as we searched for clues as well. He was separated by a fence, but he followed them everywhere. 


"Feed me."

No comments:

Post a Comment