Monday, November 3, 2014

Why I Love My Job

I started off my day this morning with helping post-MI patients get back to their normal selves again. I got the opportunity to teach them that they can trust their bodies, that they don't need to be in constant fear, that they can do this, and that we will get them back to doing what they love.

From there I got the chance to eat lunch with my wife, and spend a little time working out for myself, continuing to work on my Turkish get-up.

My evening was spent helping morbidly obese patients to lose weight.

To "lose weight" is a loaded term. It means to finally be able to climb to the top of that waterfall everybody's been telling you about. It means to finally alleviate the chronic knee pain that's plagued you for years and affected your relationships. It means to perhaps have a shot at watching your grandchildren walk down the aisle with their spouse. To finally be a happier, healthier version of yourself. To get to where you've dreamed of being for years.

And I got the opportunity to help people do that today.

And that is why I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment